Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Robbinsdale DQ - For the Big Spender!

The 4017 W Broadway DQ is my home DQ.  This is also the DQ where the manager flirts with my wife.

This store is the reason why I wanted to write this blog--THEY CHARGE TOO MUCH FREAKIN' MONEY FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Vanilla cone
sm: $1.89--This is what I got.
med: $2.29
lg: $2.49

Peanut Buster Parfait: $4.09

Across the board, this DQ is $.50 more expensive on everything.  Everything I care about anyways.  This earns this DQ a "Shame on You, DQ" designation for exploiting everyone's uncontrollable need for Dairy Queen.

This is a typical stand up and order DQ with no indoor seating.  It stays open almost all year round, which is awesome, but I feel cheated on price every time.

The wait was slightly long on this cold Tuesday evening.  They are probably a bit understaffed at this time of year.  The young woman waiting on me was nice; she laughed when my wife made fun of me for the way I ordered.

The cone was a good size--a 3 bumper with a decent swirl.  It had good flavor that was a little marshmellowy, but a bit runny.  If this were a hot July day, the cone would not have made it back to one of the 5 picnic tables.  

Sally, my wife, ordered a small dish of ice cream.  This costs the same price as a cone, but had significantly more ice cream.  This may be the way to go to get the most value for your money.

Parking is free and abundant.  Be sure to check out the painted garage window across the alley behind the DQ.  Whoever lives there creates a monthly portrait of some famous figure--Johnny Cash, Elvis, Buster Keaton, Michael Keaton.  The list goes on.

I'll continue going to this DQ since it is nearest to my house, but I'm probably going to continue to complain about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the curious: the way Mike ordered weird was to say, "I'll take one small cone, and one small cone without the cone." I believe the average person would interpret this to mean a small cone and a handful of ice cream.